Swindon Cycling Contacts
Key Swindon Cycling Campaign Members
Chair – Dick Millard
Treasurer – Gladys Barr
Communications and Events – Becky Cox
Key Cycling Contacts in Swindon
Lewis Lawton – Let’s Ride Swindon Coordinator
Email – email@example.com
Claire Fleming – Travel Plan Officer, Swindon Borough Council
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – 01793 466392
Sustrans Volunteer Ranger Group Contact Lew Lawton 01793 783442
Cycling Groups – Local
Swindon Wheelers – www.swindonwheelers.wordpress.com
– Established in 1923 Swindon Wheelers is one of the oldest and largest road cycling clubs in the area. The club runs rides for a range of ability levels throughout the year and members are also involved in regular time trials, sportives, Audax rides and training trips abroad.
Darkroom Espresso Cycling Club –www.letsride.co.uk/groups/darkroom-espresso-sunday-social – A social and friendly road riding club which organises rides every Sunday (and Thursdays in the summer months) of different distances and for different ability levels. Cycling trips to different areas of the country are organised a few times a year.
Swindon Road Club – www.swindon-rc.co.uk
– SRC is mainly a road cycling but club members also take part in mountain biking, cyclo-cross, touring, time trialling etc. There are weekly social and development rides and it caters for all ages and abilities.
Recycles RCC – www.recycles-swindon.co.uk/club_page.php -A road cycling club who organise weekly rides, get involved in racing and training trips abroad.
Cotswold Veldrijden – www.laatste-ronde.cx/
-A club in Swindon mainly focused on Cyclocross racing. Members also are involved in road racing, time trials, mountain biking and track cycling.
Cycling UK (formerly CTC) Swindon group – www.ctcwest.org.uk/swindon/
-A touring club which runs weekly social rides. Contact Mike Blundell 01793703496
Swindon MTB Enthusiasts – www.swindonmtbenthusiasts.co.uk/ – A friendly mountain bike club who want to help get more people on their bikes and enjoying mountain biking through regular rides for all ability levels along with racing and advice.
Mountain Biking Swindon- www.mbswindon.co.uk/
-A friendly and non-competitive club for all abilities and no one gets left behind. MB Swindon also manages the Croft Trail.
Swindon Triathlon Club– www.swindontriathlonclub.co.uk/Default.aspx
– Swindon’s largest triathlon club catering for all ages and abilities. It has weekly swim, bike and run training sessions.
Wanborough VETS – www.ctc.org.uk/local-groups/wanborough-vets-cc
– A touring club that runs regular rides from Wanborough, Swindon.
Blunsdon Cycling Club – www.blunsdoncyclingclub.co.uk
– A local cycling group in Blunsdon, Swindon who meet up for regular social rides.
The Tandem Club – www.tandem-club.org.uk
– Organise monthly rides in the West Country – occasionally near Swindon.
Swindon Smallwheels – Contact Chris Crosskey email@example.com
– The local combined branch of the Folding Society and the Moulton Owners Club that hold rides from Heelis once a month.
Swindon Cyclones – www.swindoncyclones.uk – A friendly cycling club for young riders aged 6 to 13 wanting to improve their bike skills and have fun. Regular Saturday morning sessions throughout the summer.
Local Bike Shops
Thinking of buying a new bike? We appreciate that in these times the idea of saving some money and buying a bike from an online retailer sounds like a good idea, however we would ask you to consider the benefits of buying your bike from a reputable dealer face to face.
- You get professional service
- You get a bike which fits you first time, and you have a better chance of ending up with the right bike for your needs and budget
- You get the bike set up properly and all the bits are in the right place and all the bolts are tight
- If you have a problem you can take it back and get it fixed
- After a few weeks use all bike need a little tweak here and there to keep them running smoothly, this first service is normally included in the shop price of the bike.
All the bike shops listed below will give you a good deal and professional service, it’s worth paying a few pounds extra for service and peace of mind. If you buy a new bike online or have purchased a second hand bike from an online auction site then we suggest you contact one of the mobile cycle mechanics listed below and have your bike thoroughly inspected before you ride out.
Tel: 01793 523306
27, Shrivenham Rd, Swindon, Wiltshire SN1 2QA
Swindon Cycles Superstore
Tel: 01793 700105
60a, Beechcroft Rd, Upper Stratton, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 7QD
Tel: 01793 401834
Booth House, 1 Spring Close, Swindon, Wiltshire SN1 2BF
01793 528 208
Unit 9, Penzance Drive, Churchward Park, SN5 7RX
Emotion (Electric Bikes)
Tel: 01793 251200
373, Cricklade Road, SN2 1AQ
Run & Repair Tel: 07736 834867 Bizspace, Cheney Manor Roads, SN2 2PJ https://www.facebook.com/runandrepair/
89 High Street, Purton, SN5 4AB.
CH White & Son (Malmesbury)
51 High Street, Malmesbury, SN16 9AG
Tel: 01793 849462
152c, High St, Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 7AB
Tel: 01793 714760
Fleming Way, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2NN
Tony Staples –
Mobile cycle medic – Phone: 07904 522652 or 07962 118849
Tel: 01793 874873, Mob: 07850 650956
B’Spoke Bikes Swindon
Tel: 07525 755810 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org